Music = survival


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Bird, My #3, My Angel

i wrote this about a year after we lost Sam...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My eyes fill with tears

Just another school year without you here

To hold my hand like you did before

I try to think of the happy times

Memories that were so fun to make

I try to be happy knowing you’re in a better place

But it hurts knowing I can’t see your smile or hear your laugh when I crack a stupid joke

We shared so many secrets and so many joy-filled times

My heart over flows with your undying image
After you left the fights seemed so petty and the good times so few

We took for granted thinking we had so much time

But we never knew your life would be cut so short

You had so many dreams and goals for the future

But they were buried in the ground

Everyone cried when they got the news

We couldn't quite believe you were gone with no goodbyes
It turned my whole perfect world upside down

Nothing seemed to break through

Until you came to me in that dream and told me to let go

You said there was no more pain and everything was fine

You told me to be happy and go on with my life

Then you kissed me gently on the cheek, smiled and faded away

Now I know that you are truly gone

But the pain is sometimes strong

The fog around my heart is slowly disappearing

And I'm learning to love again

Your fate taught me to live my life the best I can each day

Never trust tomorrow cause it might not be there

So I stand here in the hallway as the tears run down my face

I smile and think

You were my love

You were my friend

And you'll be forever in my heart


<3 6/10/88-11/11/03 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment